11.06.2009

Food review - by me? - very surprising!

Well a couple of days back, arpi and I went shopping. rather she did the shopping and I was the faithful auto guy:) Hit brand factory on hosur road first and it rained heavily as we shopped. As you all know, I do have this tendency to enjoy my breeze a lil more than normal humans, this prompted me to go out of the mall through the security beepers (which went off) without paying for the clothes. I was quick to run inside and not repeat the mistake.

We then went to the cafe and ordered a mushroom pav bhaji and a Delhi Chaat which frankly was Dahi chaat! Then the rains stopped and we rode to M.G.Road in very pleasant weather and not so pleasant traffic!

Reached Barton Center and took the lift to the 13th floor, we chose the roof top restaurant and had to wait as the remaining vestiges of the0 shower were being removed. The view was breathtaking and the up there, the wind pretty much chilled us to our bones.

We thought of starting off with a soup but unfortunately, veggies don't have much choice here. We had the only veg soup which was a tomato shorba! The starter was excellent, a paneer dish which was frankly excellent! The best part about the dinner was the fact that the management gave complimentary shawls, which someone didn want first and then later asked for one and tremendously enjoyed it. The main course was a penne pasta which I liked as it was not bland. I do not dislike continental cuisine, i dislike bland anything. This was filled with herbs and tomato suace:)

We finished our dinner and disappointed all the auto guys waiting to rip us off and headed home. On the way, we were stopped by the ever ready to make a quick buck police guys and on talking in Kannada gained quick passage from their clutches.

After dropping her off at her place, I went home emotionally and stomachily satisfied:)

Food: Very Good
Ambience : good
Service: Excellent
Wallet Factor : 1200 for a meal for 2!

P.S. Do not go by my pallet because like Mass Recruiters, I am a mass eater. I do not discriminate when it comes to food :p

P.P.S: I hold patent rights on 'stomachily' if it ever becomes famous!

3 comments:

Kriti Kalwad said...

I'm guessing those police men were also immigrant, accented-Kannada Tams. Oh but wait. They'd have a Tam accent in that case unlike your accent which frankly doesn't make any sense! Wow this doesn't make sense! Did you flash them?

Harish said...

although my assets do tend to attract the attention of laymen, i did not utilize them in this case :P

Vinay Kulkarni said...

Macha, do a spell check :P U r Ed-in-Chief anthe...

Btw, I hope arpita dint make fun of ur eating style like I do :D